Visita Iglesia '16

2:15:00 AM

Heyyyy! So after a few months, I'M FINALLY BACK! 

I'm really sorry for the late update. I've been very busy with school 'cause you know 4th year probs (grade 10 ew jk). I need to finish all the requirements to be able to be promoted to senior high. I've been very busy with photography too. That's why I didn't have enough time to make a post. 

So yeaaah, I just want to share to you where we went last Visita Iglesia.

What did I wear during the trip?
I just wore a very comfy shirt, leggins and flat shoes. It's the most comfortable thing to wear during a Visita Iglesia since shorts is not allowed inside the church.

What did I bring during the trip?
First of all, a bag that's really easy to bring. Extra Tshirts, water, camera, powerbanks (yes with S 'cause I usually bring 2 powerbanks) and charger, towels and handkerchief, fan (it's really hot outside), umbrella (if you don't wanna get toasted), money, station of the cross guide and ofcourse my camera.




1st- We went to Barasoain Church, also known as "Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Parish" located in Malolos. This is the church where the first Philippine Republic is inaugurated. It is once called "baras ng suwai"(dungeon of the defiant) because the church was a meeting place for anti-Spanish and anti-colonial illustrados(From wikipedia). Ofcourse I've researched some facts about this church, and it's in our History class because this is a Historical Church. I've already been here before and all I can say is a lot has changed. It's already renovated. It isn't the same as before (we went here once for our fieldtrip).



Lovin' their chandeliers  


2nd- The Minor Basilica of the Immaculate Conception, also known as "The Diocese of Malolos" is located in the center of Malolos (Malolos town proper).



3rd- Sto. Domingo Church. The home of every dominican. Proud Dcan here! Hehe. I once sang here as a chorale member because of the Feast of Our of  La Naval when I'm in the 9th grade. It feels so great to be back. 

4th- The Minor Basilica and Metropolitan Cathedral of The Immaculate Conception or also known as the Manila Cathedral. I've been here a couple of times so it isn't new to me. I know this church very well because we usually attend mass here. 
There are no pictures taken inside because there's a mass when we went there.
The stations of the cross are outside the cathedral.
5th- San Agustin Church. Just like Manila Cathedral, we also attend mass here. So I'm very familiar with this church. But it's my first time to go here for Visita Iglesia. There's also a mass that's why we weren't able to take pictures inside.

6th- Christ the King Parish. This is where we regularly attend mass. Because it's so peaceful and air-conditioned. Hahaha. You can really listen and reflect well because of it's calm environment. Because it's surrounded by different executive villages.

7th- The church beside my school, Santuario del Sto. Cristo where we also went last year for the Visita Iglesia. Ofcourse I already memorized this church, even it's history. This is our waiting place usually every after class or if we're having a day out with some friends. I also attended choir here before.
So that's where we traveled this Holy week! How 'bout you? Where did you go this Semana Santa? I'd love to here from you.

You Might Also Like

0 Thoughts

Subscribe