Visiting The National Museum

6:16:00 AM

So I don't really know how my teacher came up with the idea of going to the National Museum. I don't know how it is connected to our lesson. Maybe I wasn't listening that time. But I guess it's somehow connected with a concept paper.

This really is my first time to visit The National Museum even though we often pass.



The National Museum of the Philippines (Filipino: Pambansang Museo ng Pilipinas) is a government institution in the Philippines and serves as an educational, scientific and cultural institution in preserving the various permanent national collections featuring the ethnographic, anthropological, archaeological and visual artistry of the Philippines. Since 1998, the National Museum has been the regulatory and enforcement agency of the National Government in the restoring and safeguarding of important cultural properties, sites and reservations throughout the Philippines. (Wikipedia)

The museum has 2 buildings. The museum is divided into 4 branches. Fine Arts, Anthropology, Natural History and Planetarium. But we only visited the Fine Arts and Anthropolgy Sections. 

At the 1st building that we entered, it consisted of different paintings, and sculptures made by different artists. 
 
The first painting that welcomed us is the Spoliarium.
 
Since I was a kid I 've known this painting but I didn't expected it to be that big! I feel fascinated on how they manage to preserve this painting that existed hundred of years ago.

Spoliarium by Juan Luna, 1884


These are my fellow ABM classmates
 

Gallery I (Luis I. Ablaza Hall) Religious Art from the 17th to 19th Century
 

The upper part of a Retablo

The lower part of a Retablo
 
 
 
 
 
 

The Unfinished painting of Fernando Amorsolo
 

The works of Maestro Guillermo Tolentino
 
 
 
 
 

The Old Senate Session Hall
 
 

And yes, you know how much I love staircases.
 
 

(From left to right: Me, Ayumi, Angelica, And Katrina.
 
The second building consisted of the National Treasures. And when I say treasure, it doesn't really mean that it's gold or whatsoever. The treasure I'm talking about are the things that's really valuable for our country. The things that have been part of our history. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So here are some good photos I took from my camera. Yes, only some because I only chose the best ones.
 
We weren't able to take that much pictures and study the paintings and other stuffs since we only had limited time. So maybe I'll just come back here again with my friends so that I have control with our time and be able to  appreciate the beauty of the Philippine's history and culture.
 
I recommend you guys to come and visit here sometimes to know more about our history and the Philippine's heritage.

TAKE NOTE: It's free and easy to go to.

You Might Also Like

0 Thoughts

Subscribe