Princess for a day

5:55:00 AM

Santacruzan 2015 in Barangay Mauway.

For today, I’m the princess of Mama Mary. I got the chance to wear a gown, a crown and make up. 




Annually, I get invited to join the sagala in our barangay. Oh well, for those people who’s unfamiliar with sagala, (tho it's really impossible because i think every place in the philippines celebrates this.) 
It is a religious-historical beauty pageant held in many cities, towns and even small villages throughout the Philippines during the month of May. The festivity commemorates the search of the Holy Cross by Queen Helena and her son, the newly converted emperor Constantine the Great. After the Holy Cross was found in Jerusalem and brought back to Rome, there was joyful celebration for thanksgiving.
(Source: http://filcom.org/flores-de-mayo-festival/santacruzan/ )


This was a very unusual sagala for me because it was my first time to have a full bangs with some hanging hair as my hairstyle during the parade, it was also the first time for me to use fake eyelashes as an enhancer to my look (I know im such a loser lol) it was quite hard to use it and it took me forever (yes, forever) to put it in..


I wore a blue green gown with a ribbon at the left side and a flower lace at it. I held the title reyna delos profetas (Queen of Prophets) and I'm holding an hour glass. I really don’t know how is it connected with prophets. I thought bible would best explain them.


Well, the parade is really exhausting. Igot  wounds on my feet even if I'm just wearing slippers. But it's really fun compare to my previous experiences. A lot of people's checking me out (I'm sure about this because I can see it on their faces, and some are pointing me out. Though I'm not sure what're they talking about me). 


This is my best look and gown so far. But I'm somehow sad, because since 1st year, this is my first time to walk alone. My family's with my little sister, and usually audrey, my best friend is the one accompanying me.


It's really cute that the people around me noticed me because I never failed to show them a very sweet smile. They say almost everyone's carrying their gowns and look so tired but there I am walking with confidence and wearing a smile. 



My carbon copy. Hahahaha
Credits to Charles.

You Might Also Like

1 Thoughts

Subscribe