A week of stress [Life Update]

8:28:00 AM

This really is a late post. I should've posted this yesterday but I wasn't able because we're in Laguna. 

So This week is really stressful for me and my classmates too, I guess. Because exams are coming and the teachers are rushing the lessons, the requirements etc.

So I need to memorize a declamation piece and a speech choir piece, i need to do a scrapbook about developmental stages, presentations, there's tons of quizzes, ICLs, new lessons, project plans.. Ugh gosh. I dont know what to do first, what to prioritize, just like they say, cramming at it's finest. That's the grade 11 life. 

My planner is full of sticky notes with my checklist in it of the things I need to do.

So I started with the things I need to memorize because that's really my weakness. The piece I chose for my declamation is entitled "bad girl". It's a little bit easy to memorize because the words used are easy to remember because it's just like me talking to my audience, no deep words included. And the piece itself has a story that almost everyone can relate to. When I was performing, I was carried away and cried. 



And yes, the declamation is a success because I got a perfect score! 

Our piece in speech choir is "the resiliency of a filipino". The preparation is just short that's why we usually stay for an hour to practice. It's really tiring because we still need to drop by and look for materials for our props. The banner, the flag, manila papers, tshirts, paint etc. 

We experience answering back to one another because of fatigue and anger. We sometimes argue because some are being negative most of the time. We also experienced dramas because of the sacrifices of the other members. And of course cramming at it's finest again. I memorized the piece for 2 days because I focused with my declamation. And we weren't able to polish the whole piece on our last practice. 

Before we started we prayed first. 

After the performance, we're the lat group to be judged. And gosh we received words that are really pleasing to our ears. It's like they're saying that we're the best group who performed that time (im not boasting or what). Our teacher said we also made his day and he's so happy with our performance especially for us, the lucky 7. Because he thinks that we're the most hard headed group in the class. 


All our hard works has paid off. It feels so great to have a perfect score because you deserve it. Because you did your best for it.

So may I just remind everyone to always do your best, strive harder and never give up! Set a goal to remember so when you're already falling apart, you'll remember the reason why you started it. Always remember, hard work forever pays.

You Might Also Like

0 Thoughts

Subscribe